Monday, March 26, 2007

Is It Booger or Banana ?

The other day I'm sitting on the floor with the baby and look over beside me and to my disgust I see this gross glob on the floor; now to the mothers that are reading this, I'm sure you have had one of these moments where your scared to touch what could either be a piece of food or something much worse, so apon futher investigation I find the unknown to be just a dropped piece of banana but as I fiddle with the paper towel roll in one hand and hold the baby in another, I think to myself that I couldn't have ever imagined that someday I would be scraping some untantilizing slime off the floor in my P.J's.
Now if someone had told me that things like this went on during the early years of child rearing I maybe would have reconsidered having children or tried to avoid these sticky situations by completly wrapping my house in saran wrap, either way I must come to terms with the fact that having small children will make you ask yourself the question, "Is it a booger or a banana?"
"He who laughs, lasts."
~Mary Pettibone Poole~

No comments: