Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rolie Polie Olie

I am finally narrowing into the home stretch of my third pregnancy and really feeling .....well....huge. Friends say" wow you look great" but are they thinking "wow your butt is the size of the titanic" and just being good friends and saying what will make me feel good? Either way it's hard to convince me that I do look ok. So only 8 more weeks of self hatred towards my rear and then Im free.... free to sleep on my tummy and bend over and pick up toys without holding my breath or lie on my back without feeling dizzy.
My husband is very understanding and tells me how beautiful I am carrying his child...he says he loves my new curves and offers to run to the store for any of my sweet cravings. I should probably be taking full advantage of this special treatment, but just don't have the heart to send him down the street for a chocolate bar at 10:30 at night.
So I will endure the eight more weeks of pregnancy with a positive additude, because I am truly blessed to even be pregnant, and take each each day with a greatful heart.
Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.
Merete Leonhardt-Lupa

1 comment:

Coralee said...

you really are all grown up, hard to believe, I met you at 5 or 6 What a beautiful heart and writing.Auntie